The École Nationale des chartes publishes five collections of works in both printed and digital versions:
- Mémoires et documents of the École des chartes, a collection that goes back to 1896 and is home to monographs as well as large-scale collective works and, first and foremost, theses by the former students of the Ecole des chartes
- Études et rencontres of the École des chartes, a collection launched in 1998, which is, first and foremost, home to the minutes from scientific meetings or academic encounters
- Matériaux pour l'histoire, a collection inaugurated in 1996 made up of abundantly illustrated quarto volumes
- Études et documents for a Gallia Pontificia, a collection co-published by the Ecole Nationale des chartes and the German Historical Institute of Paris since 2009 in order to present the work carried out under the framework of the Gallia Pontificia, an academic undertaking that proposes to establish an inventory, publish and study the papal acts concerning France before 1198
- Magister, a collection that proposes reference works in the domains that represent the heart of the School’s specialties: ecdotics, archives, diplomatics, palaeography, codicology, philology, archaeology, art history. These manuals, developed by the School’s professors and university lecturers-researchers, are addressed to students as well as anyone who wishes to get started in these disciplines
In addition to these collections, there is a periodical publication related to the Ecole des Chartes’ educational work:
- Abstracts of Theses defended by students in order to obtain their Archivist-Paleographer diploma have been published annually by the Ecole des chartes since 1849; they have been available in their entirety online since 2000 and indexed since 1849.
→ Consult the recent publications catalogue of the Ecole nationale des chartes.